Friday, December 25, 2009

Two Chicago Diners

by Eliette Soler

Edgebrook Coffee Shop

The lemonade was very good, but sour. If you go to the Edgebrook Coffee Shop and you don't like sour stuff, don't get the lemonade. The pancakes were very tasty. The chef made my five silver dollar pancakes into a pancake guy with M&M eyes (red) and M&M mouth (orange)! It was good! Oliver (my brother) got the Tropical Belgium Waffle. It had pecans, bananas, toasted coconut and a light caramel drizzle, all on top of two waffles. The placed was filled with old, old posters. It was cool!

Pat's Place
It's yellow and as nice as a tulip. I got three chocolate chip pancakes, bacon and toast. To drink I had hot chocolate with whipped cream (a lot of whipped cream and it has red and green sprinkles for Christmas!). I just tasted my hot cocoa and it was good. In a minute I will tell you how my pancakes taste...my pancakes are really good. They have whipped cream too, with rainbow colored sprinkles. This place is pretty. It is yellow and believe it or not, even the blinds are yellow. It is hard to say which place is better but... Pat's Place wins! Wait! She just gave me an extra bowl of whipped cream just for me. Yeah, Pat wins.

P.S. I like food!!!

In the photo: That's my brother Oliver not sharing the Tropical Belgium Waffle with me.
................................................................................................

Eliette Soler is a 4th grader at Marquette Elementary, in Madison, WI, where lives with her mom and brother and longs for a dog.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment